- Digital Library
- Local History
- Get a library card?
- Renew or request an item?
- Contact library staff?
- Use the library catalog to find items or check my account?
- Book a meeting room?
- Use a library computer, WiFi, or print wirelessly?
- Get help using computers?
- Find a list of all your databases?
- Get homebound delivery?
- Suggest a title for purchase?
- Donate books or other items?
- Make a financial contribution?
- Find a list of your services?
- Learn about the Friends of the Library?
- Learn about the Library Foundation?
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Don't Know What to Read Next?
Book Bundle Request
Book Bundles are Back!!! Our staff will put together 3-4 children's books in a themed bundle of your choosing, accompanied by a coloring sheet, song or small activity (staff's choice). Click HERE for the request form for a book bundle.
You may request up to five (5) bundles per request. If you choose more than five, only the first five selections will be processed. Book bundles may take 3-4 days to process. You will be contacted when your bundle is ready for pick up.
Your library account number is required for this service (located on the back of your library card). If you are unable to find your account number, please contact the library at (585) 343-9550.
Book Bundles theme examples include (but are not limited to):
- Alphabet, Animals, Author
- Bears, Bedtime, Birthday, Bugs/Insects, Butterflies
- Cars, Castles, Colors, Cookbooks, Crafts, Cultures
- Dinosaurs, Earth
- Fairies, Fairytales, Fashion, Flowers, Games
- Holiday, Love
- Magic, Mermaids, Minecraft, Mo Willems, Monsters, Music, Mystery
- Origami, Pokemon
- Rainbows,Robot, Transportation
- Seek & Find, Seuss, Sharks, Space, Star Wars, Summer Fun
- Voting, Witches, Wizards
Learn and Play - Sites for Kids
Miss Humblebee's Academy
An award-winning, online and offline curriculum that prepares children ages 2 to 6 for kindergarten proficiency.
Contains over 100 age-appropriate magazines for grades K-5. Also includes Merriam-Webster's Elementary Dictionary, maps, flags, seals, charts and graphs.
Tumble Book Library
Ebooks for kids.
The world in words and pictures.
Find great books to read.
Summer Reading Program
Congratulations young summer readers!!
Congratulations to those that signed up for the Richmond Memorial Library Summer Reading Club. Summer reading has now officially ended for our Children's Room, but we are inviting all of you to come back with your reading logs (they do not have to be complete) in order to redeem your prizes.
You have from now until Saturday, September 12th to collect your prizes. What are the prizes? Children (ages 12 and under) will receive a color-your-own-bag, fabric markers, a stress toy, and a free book to pick from our prize cart. Teens (ages 13 and up) will receive a white canvas tote, fabric markers, a stress ball, a free pizza kit* to Batavia's Original, and a free book to pick from our prize cart.
Who is Eligible?: Any child that registered for the Richmond Memorial Library's Summer Reading Program. Be sure to bring your reading log (can be homemade or supplied by the library).
Where to Pickup: Children's Room, Richmond Memorial Library
When: Anytime from Tuesday, September 1 to Saturday, September 12th
What is the prize?: DIY bag, fabric markers, stress toy, free book, (and for teens & raffle winners -- free pizza kit* to Batavia Original's)
Questions?: Call the Children's Room at (585) 343-9550 x4
*All teens (ages 13 and up) receive a free pizza kit from Batavia's Original. Children (ages 12 and under) have automatically been entered into a free raffle for a free pizza kit. Results of raffle are upon pickup of summer reading prizes. Prizes must be picked up in person and cannot be mailed.
Good luck this school year. We hope you continue to visit!!
Children's Room Staff at Richmond Memorial Library
The GIFT Program
The Library G.I.F.T. Program (Generate Imagination in Families Today) is dedicated to making new or gently used books available to children and their families in our area, and to raising awareness of the lifelong benefits of early childhood literacy. Bright boxes and shelves of GIFT books are located at agencies and businesses in Batavia. Children can take a book from the shelf to bring home, read, and keep!
Want to donate or volunteer?
Donate new or gently used children’s books in drop boxes at these schools: Jackson, John Kennedy, St. Joseph Elementary and St. Paul Lutheran School or at the Richmond Memorial Library.
Want to volunteer?
Contact the Youth Services team at 585-343-9550 x 4.
GIFT PROGRAM LOCATIONS:
- Agribusiness Child Development (ABCD) at Batavia -18 Brooklyn Ave, Batavia, NY 14020
- Big Tree Glen apartments - 3727 W Main Street Rd, Batavia, NY 14020
- Community Action of Orleans & Genesee - 5073 Clinton Street Rd, Batavia, NY 14020
- Dr. Yeong H. Lee, pediatrics - 16 Bank St, Batavia, NY 14020
- Family Court Day Care - 1 W Main St, Batavia, NY 14020
- Five Star Bank East - 567 E Main St, Batavia, NY 14020
- Five Star Bank West - 401 W Main St, Batavia, NY 14020
- Genesee County Dept. Social Services - 5130 E Main Street Rd # 3, Batavia, NY 14020
- Genesee County Mental Health - 5130 E Main Street Rd # 3, Batavia, NY 14020
- Genesee Glow YMCA - 209 E Main St, Batavia, NY 14020
- Golden Coin - 582 E Main St, Batavia, NY 14020
- House of Laundry - 4152 W Main Street Rd, Batavia, NY 14020
- Pathstone - 30 Jefferson Ave, Batavia, NY 14020
- Rochester Regional Health Urgent Care - 16 Bank St, Batavia, NY 14020
Dolly Parton Imagination Library
The Dolly Parton Imagination Library (DPIL) is a 60 volume set of books sent to children, in their homes, one book per month from birth to age 5, to keep, for free! The DPIL initiative is funded by the Richmond Memorial Library for residents of the Batavia City School District, and by independent local funders coordinated by the Richter Family Foundation in other parts of Genesee County. Click here to register a child or to see if DPIL is available in your area; or contact the Richter Family Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org to support the initiative in other parts of Genesee County.